A special May festival is held in each year in the Villány region, called “borzsongás”. This year the Borzsongás Festival was held on 1-4 May in 18 settlements, where guests were offered tasty wines, special presentations and fine foods.
Needless to say, the center stage was occupied by excellent local wines. In addition, large variety offine foods was on the plate.
Brief list of the programs:
Variety of genres: blues, jazz, rock’n’roll, classical music, folk music, stand up comedy and other concerts with light entertainment, parties, gypsy music, Hungarian dance house and Latin dance camp.
– Arts and crafts, children programs, horse and coach riding, nursery of baby animals.
– Tasting and making of hand-made chocolates.
– Excursions and guided tours along the vineyards of the Villány region.
– Cutting, decorating and erection of the “May Tree”.
– Stifolder competition in the Villány region.
– Barbecue competition, meeting with winemakers, excellent local wines and gastronomic specialties!
Date: 1-4 May 2014
Location: Villány, Hungary
View May (Borzsongás) Wine Festival in Villány in a larger map