Szöllősi Mihály

Szöllősi MihályThe cellar with historical atmosphere had been ordered to be built by Count Miklos Zichy in 1830. After renovation one of the most beautiful underground wine storage facilities was created, where old tradition meets the most modern technology. Bricks with the blazoned with the noble stamp of that age were incorporated in the walls. The domed cellar is 65 meters long. A wine museum had been created in the dome. This is the museum of the flagship wines of the “King Zsigmond Wine Knight Order” and the “Hungarian Wine Order”. The ‘tasting sanctuary’ created of old barrels makes the atmosphere even more medieval. The cellar was renovated in 1999. The processing building was built in front of the old cellar, in which one of the world’s most advanced French grape-processing machinery – called PERA – has been installed. The climate of the cellar is excellent, 160 hectoliters fine wines are aging in oak barrels (barrique) and in a 3500 hectoliter refrigerated stainless steel tank.


[tab:Services of the cellar:][tab:Map]

View Szollosi Mihaly Cellar in a larger map